Thursday, August 1, 2013

50's Photo Shoot

My husband enjoys photography. So, I thought it would be fun to have a vintage photo shoot. We decided to dress up in 50's style clothes.

A friend let me borrow her dress and shoes and I made a Kate Middleton inspired hat.
I wanted to wear red lipstick, so I bought the "Russian Red" color from MAC, which ended up matching the trim on the dress perfectly.

I picked out a hat and vest for my husband to wear at a thrift store. He also wore a white collared shirt under the vest, grey pants and brown vintage style semi formal shoes that he already had.


I dressed the baby up in all white. She wore a lace bonnet, onesie and ruffled eyelet skirt.
We took pictures at a lookout point at Akeny National Wildlife Refuge. It was very scenic with ponds, rolling hills, tall grass and wildflowers. It reminded my husband and I of the old frontier.

 I like how the photos turned out. Some were formal and others were playful.

My favorite part of the date was dressing up and all the compliments going back and forth between my husband and I. I liked the fun playful family moments too with the baby.

We both enjoyed our date and it's fun to be able to look back now on the pictures we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment