Sunday, August 18, 2013

Romeo & Juliet

I loved the story of Romeo & Juliet when I was a teenager. I watched the movie so many times, that I practically had the whole thing memorized. It's been over a decade since I've watched the movies and I pretty much forgot all about the story, until last night when we went to the play.

It was put on for FREE by the "William Shakespear" non-profit organization at the Willamette Valley Vineyard. The setting was so picturesque.
I was surprised by the nostalgic feeling I got when watching this play. The lines were running through my head and I wanted to say them outloud, which I would have done if I were at home watching the movie.
 I don't know if my husband has watched the Romeo & Juliet movies, but oftentimes I say, "parting is such sweet sorrows" when we say goodbye. When the actress said that line in the play I looked over at my husband and we both smiled and laughed.

I thought the acting was pretty good. We didn't stay for the whole thing, but we did catch the famous "Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo" scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment