Saturday, August 3, 2013

Birthday Free Stuff

Years ago I learned that there are some restaurants that will give you free stuff on and around the time of your birthday. I've come to look forward to these deals, being the frugal person that I am. We don't usually cash in on every deal, but we try to at least make it out to Red Robin for a free burger and Panera Bread for a free pastry. These two deals cut the cost of our date last night in half and we got to go out to eat, which we don't usually do.
I ordered something new at Red Robin. It was a chicken sandwich called "burning love." I wish I would have taken a picture of it, because the presentation was really cool. It came out with a whole roasted jalapeno on top. I enjoyed the flavor, but the level of heat from the peppers inside was a little too much for me. My husband got a chicken sandwich.

Afterwards we went to Panera bread for dessert. We shared a brownie and a cinnamon roll.

One thing I should tell you, is that you have to pick up a membership card and activate it months before your birthday to get in on the deals at Panera Bread and Red Robin. Then, you'll be able to cash in on them anytime during the month of your birthday.

I've listed some of the other birthday free stuff that I know about below. All you have to do to get these deals, is sign up on the companies website to get their email notifications.

Baskin Robbins - free ice cream
Noodles and Company - free pasta (Portland)
Chevy's - free meal (Portland)
Denny's - free grand slam (on the day of your birthday)
iHop - free breakfast
Shari's - free slice of pie
Pietro's Pizza - free personal sized pizza & salad bar
Acapulco Mexican Restaurant Y Cantina (Portland) - free meal

I know there are more deals out there, so if you're interested I would recommend doing a search online.


2 comments: