Friday, August 9, 2013

Rooftop Dining

I thought it would be fun to have dinner on a rooftop somewhere. So, I began searching for rooftop seating at restaurants in our area. That's when I discovered the Departure restaurant. It's located on the top of the Nines Hotel in downtown Portland and has partial indoor and outdoor seating.

We went there for the first time last night. I thought the restaurant had a contemporary design/layout inside. The rooftop had an interesting seating arrangement, with couches and wicker chairs on the sides and tables in the center.
I loved the views up there. It created such a romantic setting.
We went in the evening and there was a nice breeze. We were shaded by large umbrellas too.

The restaurant serves Asian cuisine. We ended up ordering sushi to share. We got crab rolls that had a sweet, spicy, citrus flavor that I really liked and a smoked salmon roll.

It was a neat place to have a date. My favorite part was the company (hubby+baby) and the views of the city. My husband said that it reminded him of a restaurant that you might find in a city like New York and I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment