Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mad Hatter

Last night I surprised my husband with a "Mad Hatter" themed date. He started out in our room where he found these treats, the drink and cake, like in the Alice in Wonderland movie. I found the old fashioned looking bottle, for the drink, at Walmart and filled it with blue Gatorade.  The cake came from Safeway's bakery.
I though it would be fun for my husband to wear a top hat like the mad hatter and I was able to find one for cheap ($6) on Amazon's website. I hung it on the door along with this sign.
The baby & I dressed up too. Here's a picture of most of what we wore. I got my hat and necklace from the Burlington coat factory. The sunglasses came from forever 21 and I found the baby's hat at a children's clothing store in the Lancaster mall.
We had a tea party in our dining room. I got a plain tea set, because I knew my husband would like it better than a frilly one. I thought it would be fun to try a new flavor of tea so I bought honey chamomile, which is an herbal tea (no tea leaves.)
Here's a picture of the treats we had. I got the tiered tray from Amazon.
 
For the food, I bought a cream puff from Konditorei and an eclair & other chocolate pastry from the European Bakery off of Commercial St. 
I got smoked salmon cream cheese spread from Winco and piped it on slices of a multigrain bagel. I topped the appetizer with a piece of smoked salmon & dill.
I bought mini croissants from Winco and made roast beef & smoked turkey sandwiches, which happened to be my husbands favorite thing out of all our fancy food.
After eating, we watched the latest Alice in Wonderland movie. The one starring Johnny Depp. It had been so long since I'd seen the movie that it was like watching a new one.

We both really enjoyed our date and I learned something new about my husband. When he was growing up his Mom grew chamomile flowers and harvested them for tea. So, he recognized the chamomile flavor in the new tea I got for our date. I thought the tea smelled fantastic, but it wasn't my favorite flavor. It's hard to compete with licorice and peppermint.

No comments:

Post a Comment