Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Piece of Cake

We went to Konditorei's for a slice of birthday cake this year. I was surprised by how many desserts were on display. They have four cases full of cakes, cheesecakes and other pastries. I guess the owner has been a chocolate cake tasting judge for something like 30 years at the fair. So, they know their cakes.

I got the chocolate mousse cake
 and my husband got the raspberry cheesecake.
They were $5.95 each, which is about the price you would pay at most sit down restaurants. The cake I got was good, but rich. I liked the texture.  The layers went from dense, to medium light, to light. My husband's cheesecake was dense and not as sweet, but he liked it.

The baby slept so we were able to enjoy our desserts and visit a little. One of the things that I like about our dates is how they create memories. I have driven by this restaurant many times and will be reminded of the date we had there when I drive by in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment