Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blackberry Picking

Blackberry picking is one of my favorite things about living in Oregon. The brambles grow like weeds in the Willamette valley. You don't have to go to the trouble of picking them at a u-pick farm, just simply pull off to the side of the road once you've spotted them and pick to your hearts content.

Recently, I noticed some brambles growing above our fence. I asked my husband if he would help me pick them. As we were picking, he discovered that there were lots more blackberry brambles on the other side of our fence. In no time we had gathered enough berries to make jam, cobbler, pie, etc.

It seems like blackberry picking always turns into a race for us, but it's part of the fun. My husband picks berries a lot faster than I do for some reason, so he usually wins. We had fun playing and joking around together. It was a spontaneous date that turned out to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment