Monday, July 1, 2013

Picnic at the Rose Garden

I thought it would be fun to surprise my husband with a picnic at the brush park rose garden. The park was somewhere that I thought neither of us had been before. That's why I was surprised when I turned down mission street and my husband guessed where we were going.

Come to find out he drives by brush park sometimes, because it's near his work. I was relieved when I found out that he didn't know there was a rose garden within the park. It's kind of pushed off/hidden from the main road. All you can really see when driving down mission st. is a sign, a wooded area and a stadium.

The picnic basket was something that I found before our date at a thrift store. I love how it's heart shaped. Very fitting for the occasion...and it reminds me of my mom, who loves all things hearts.
I decided to fill the basket with homemade caprese sandwiches, grapes, doritos and strawberry trifles.

It's been hot here. So, we decided to have our date in the evening after it had cooled off outside. I was glad we went when we did, because we practically had the park to ourselves.
 The rose garden is kind of small compared to the one in Portland, but we both still really liked it and thought it was a nice thing to have in the area. I especially liked the gazebo. It really adds to the lovely setting of the garden.

Now when my husband drives by the park, he said, he will think about the happy memory we made there. That comment alone made this date totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment