Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Chronicles of Narnia - Themed Date

Recently, I came across a box of Turkish delights in T.J. Max. Seeing the treats, made me think of the Narnia movies. Well, the first one in particular. You know the part, where the white witch gives Edmund Turkish delights and hot chocolate?

Well, I'm glad I saw them, because the candy sparked my idea to have a "Narnia" themed date.

I figured the date would go over well with my husband, since he read and enjoyed the book series when he was younger.

So, last night, I handed him the box of Turkish delights and asked, "Can you guess what our date is going to be tonight?" He guessed the "Narnia" story right away.

We ate the Turkish delight candy and drank hot chocolate while watching the first movie in the series (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.)
Here is a picture of what the Turkish delights looked like inside the box.
I tried to serve the hot chocolate in fancier cups, similar to what the white witch does in the movie.
It had been so long since I had seen the first "Narnia" movie that it was kind of like watching a new movie for me. We both enjoyed our date and I think it would be fun to do again when our kids get older.


No comments:

Post a Comment