Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall Themed Date

I surprised my husband with a fall themed dinner yesterday.

Beverage:

I served apple cider in apple cups with cinnamon sticks, an idea I've seen circulating on pinterest lately.

Appetizer:

My husband loves hummus, so I made some and shaped it on a plate to look like an acorn. I added chopped almonds to create the top.

We like to eat hummus with pita or flat bread, so I chose to serve the dip with baked bread leaves. I got the idea for the leaves from this site.
 I liked how the paprika, cheese and herbs gave the bread a splash of color to look like fall leaves.

 Main Course:

For the main course, I made chicken and dumpling soup with pumpkin shaped rolls. Here is a link to the soup recipe I used. I got the idea for the pumpkin rolls from this site, but used a different recipe (I used half whole wheat flour when making the bread.)
 Here is a close up of the rolls.

 Dessert:

My husband likes the flavor of apples, but not the texture. So, I made caramel pears instead of caramel apples. I added these toppings - milk/white chocolate, marshmallows and chopped almonds.
Here's another picture of how the table was set up.
My husband thought the dinner was artistic and that the pears were especially fancy. We both enjoyed the dinner and then went on a drive and enjoyed the fall colors. We ended our date by shopping at the world market. I love that store. We'll have to do this date again in the future with our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment