Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day at the Beach

I love the ocean. I could walk on the beach all day taking in it's beauty, watching the waves come crashing in, smelling the salty sea air, feeling the ocean breeze on my face, and muddling my feet in the warm sand. That's just Heaven to me.

The ocean was one of the things that I really missed when we lived in the Midwest. So, I am especially grateful that we live so close now.

My husband and I spent a day at the coast this week. We stopped off in Lincoln City to walk on the beach.
We shopped at the outlet mall too while we were there and had lunch at Kyllo's restaurant. We ordered seafood. That's a must when you're at the coast, right?
 As we were leaving, I noticed some people on the beach digging for clams. That is one of my favorite things to do, but we'll have to wait until our baby gets a little older for that.

We ended up going further down to Newport. We wanted to see the sea lions at the dock. It was fun to watch our baby's reaction to their barks and to the ocean.

We got ice cream before we left and that concluded our date. It was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment