Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Date

For new years, I surprised my husband with this dinner.
 We had sparkling cider. The "Happy New Year!" sign was our hummus appetizer. Then, I made my husbands favorite meal, salmon pinwheels (recipe below.)
 For dessert, we had chocolate brownies topped with peanut butter cream cheese frosting and a festive Oreo decoration (recipe below.)
The oreo clock idea came from this website.

Salmon Pinwheel recipe

Filling
I used 1/3 cup cream cheese, 3 pickled artichoke hearts, two sun dried tomatoes, green onion, and slash of lemon juice and salt.

Salmon
I bought slices of salmon that had a lemon butter glaze on them already from Winco. I pounded out the salmon to be the same thickness, lined them up, spread the filling over them and rolled them up, using skewers to hold them together. Then, I sliced the salmon log into pieces and baked them at 350 for 15 or so minutes.

Cupcake recipe
I used store bought brownie mix for the base.

Frosting
I started out with equal parts of peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Then I added what I thought it need. A little more peanut butter, then more sugar to balance out the sweetness, then more cream cheese if it tasted to peanut buttery. I added a splash of vanilla. The frosting was a bit thick, but it went well with the dense brownie.








No comments:

Post a Comment