Thursday, January 9, 2014

Batman Themed Date

My husband really likes the newer batman movies starring Christian Bale. So, I thought he would enjoy this date.

I set up a table with movie inspired food and played the Batman theme song in the background.

Batman Pizza

I got the pizza idea from this blogger and used a homemade pizza recipe from this cookbook. I cut out the image using a card stock template after the pizza had finished baking.

Blue Flower

In the first movie Ra's al Ghul tells Bruce Wayne about a blue flower that grows on the "eastern slopes."  I tried to recreate the flower using blue taffy and black jelly beans.

Toxin

The blue flower is used to make a toxin. I tinted crystal light lemonade with blue food coloring to represent it.

Two Face's Coin

I used a chocolate coin for this.

 Bats

We had some smoked salmon cream cheese and crackers in the house, so I used them to make these bats. My inspiration for the bats came from this blogger.

I would have liked to create signs for the food and there is even a free batman font online, but I didn't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment