Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Party

We had my brother and his family over for dinner on Christmas. We served festive food.

Dinner:

Here is a picture of how the table looked, before we put the turkey out.
Instead of a vegetable tray, we had a veggie tree. I got the idea online. I used a styrofoam cone for the base and used toothpicks to secure the veggies.
I thought the kids would get a kick out of this penguin appetizer. I'd made it before and I think I originally got the idea on pinterest. The penguins were made with olives, cream cheese and carrots.
When I was a kid, we would often have cheeseballs with crackers around Christmas. So, I wanted to keep up that tradition. I got a jalapeno bacon cheese ball from Safeway and dressed it up to look like a snowman with chocolate chips and a carrot nose.
For the main course we had turkey, honey mustard, cranberry sandwiches. I formed the bread into a wreath shape and put a bow on top after it had finished baking. Here is a link to the bread recipe. I used all the ingredients and made one big loaf instead of 3. I baked it for 15 to 20 minutes.

This picture was taken before we put the turkey and lettuce out on the table.

Dessert:

For dessert we had a frozen peppermint ice cream / brownie dessert. It was topped with whip cream to look like snow, and a candy cane / gum drop to look like the north pole.

Memory Game:

After dinner we played a holiday version of the game "Memory." I put this game together last year for a cookie exchange party I hosted. Here is a link to the holiday game details. I added more ideas this year and gave less candy, since there were fewer people and I didn't want to load the kids up with too much candy. Here are some of the prizes I gave.

Santa's sleigh
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse


 

 






 Angel Food


No comments:

Post a Comment