Saturday, February 22, 2014

Winter Olympics

My husband and I had plans to watch the winter Olympics together and I thought it would be fun to make a themed dinner to go along with our date.

Dinner:
I made mountain shaped quesadillas with sour cream snow to represent the "winter" Olympics.
I served the quesadillas with toppings that I arranged in bowls by color to look like the symbol for the Olympics. The blue one is sour cream with a few drops of food coloring.
I made an Olympic medal out of rolos candy for dessert.

I tried to create the Olympic torch with gold card stock and garlic salt flavored popcorn. To my surprise, my husband recognized the torch, before anything else.
Here is a picture of what the table looked like.
We watched the cross country skiing race after dinner. The race was pretty intense. Many of the athletes fell down after crossing the finish line, because the race was so exhausting. 

We both enjoyed our date and the next day while on the treadmill I couldn't help but think about how my workouts are much easier in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment