Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines Dinner

Here is a picture of our Valentines dinner. I used rose petals to decorate the table. We lit the candles, turned off the lights and listened to romantic piano music while we ate and visited.
For the dinner, I was able to find heart shaped pasta at the World Market. I used it to make a creamy tomato pasta with shrimp, lobster and salmon.
I served a loaf of bread, like they do at restaurants, and it complemented our pasta very well. We had an appetizer too, battered shrimp with sweet chili sauce.

For a beverage, I dressed up a bottle of Hawaiian punch to look like "Love Potion." I used the insta shapes app on my phone to create the label.
For dessert, I made my husband an individual sized layered cake that looked like a heart. It had three layers of brownies, two layers of raspberry sorbet and was covered with whip cream and chocolate. I made a smaller portion of dessert for myself.
My husband told me that he thought everything I made turned out really well and was restaurant quality. I enjoyed the food too and the romantic atmosphere. At the end of the night, my only complaint was that I didn't eat more dessert, lol. We'll see if I feel the same way during my workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment