Saturday, October 5, 2013

San Francisco Themed Date

My husband and I vacationed in San Francisco years ago and had so much fun there. We spent most of our time exploring the city. I'll never forget the spectacular views of the bay and city that we saw while hiking around and riding the trolly.

My favorite place in the city was fisherman's wharf. We ordered sourdough bread bowls with clam chowder there, which is a very touristy thing to do. Then we went to Ghirardelli square and got chocolate.

I wanted to recreate our San Francisco experience. So, I picked up sour dough bread bowls from Safeway and clam chowder from the "Word of Mouth Bistro."

I hadn't tried the restaurant's chowder before, but went with it after hearing/reading rave reviews. I was glad that I did my research, because it was probably the best chowder I could have found in Salem.
I found Ghirardelli products in the baking section at the store and decided to make brownie sundaes for dessert.
My husband entered the room after I had set the table and turned on the Tony Bennett song, "I left my heart in San Francisco."

We both enjoyed our dinner and San Francisco date. We reminisced about our time there and talked about future vacation plans. Then, we watched a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment