Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Strawberry Picking

It's hard to beat the fresh, sweet, flavorful strawberries that grow in Oregon. My husband and I have been wanting to pick strawberries at a u-pick farm for ages, but we've never got around to it. The problem is that they only grow for about 3 weeks in June. It seems like every year we blink our eyes and they're gone, but not this year.

There are many strawberry farms in the Willamette Valley. We decided to check out Daum's Produce Farm. The reason I wanted to go there, was because I learned that they also have u-pick flowers. The flowers weren't ready while we were there, but when they are, they will sell for 25 cents each. How fun would it be to bring kids there and let them pick flowers?

I was surprised to see how narrow the strawberry patch was at Daum's Produce Farm, but it's length seemed endless.

 The strawberries cost $1 per pound. I thought they were delicious and they made wonderful freezer jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment